the sweet and the sour...

Thursday, August 2, 2007

Why's Elton J. hatin' on the bloggers??

I just read an article today where Elton John asked how much creative stuff would be created if the internet was taken away for five years?! What?! He goes on to say how people need to get out, communicate & create stuff? Hmmm...okay, nothing is communicated or created online??

He's talks in terms of music, however he mentions everyone sitting at home & doing nothing but blogging? I'm confused as to what the two really have to do w/each other. I'm sure people sit at home & make music in their homes with their huge studios, that's been around for decades. I'm sure they must still have meetings and collaborate?

I guess taking the internet away struck a cord for me, regardless of what crazy person it may have came from. Not saying Elton John is crazy, but I think he's probably too elevated for anyone to say how "down to earth" he is.

I know they have debates about internet addiction and I would probably be one of the candidates in question. I know there is fear that everyone will begin replacing their arms and legs with laptops, cell phones and i-pods. We will become a technically conquered nation and the only evidence that we ever existed will be a chip of some sort or a web address - lol. But how would we possibly survive without taking care of daily business while in our cars, not having the latests news and information at the drop of our fingertip, unable to work from anywhere or any of the other millions of glorious things that the internet and technology have done for us??!!

We would go back to the days of caves and hunting food, or at least back to having to being unable to see what a picture looked like until it was processed...the horror!!

I think human contact is wonderful, so is getting in your car and physically going somewhere. However to take away the excitement and fun of blogging and internet...shame on you Elton John!!!

No comments:

Blog Archive